RTV5818 – Translucent, Very Soft
RTV5818 silicone adhesive sealant is a neutral cure, one-component, ready-to-use translucent silicone that cures to tough resilient rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature.
This silicone-based adhesive is a fast curing, paste consistency product suitable for use where a quick initial adhesion build is desired. RTV5818 allows for movement of the sealed assemblies in shorter times, which increases productivity. It is excellent for the sealing and bonding of electronic components onto printed circuit boards, and for protecting copper connections on electronic parts assemblies. RTV5818 is a promising choice as a weatherproofing sealant whenever power cords enter motors. It also works well as a gasket for leak-resistant sealing and insulating.
Because it utilizes a moisture cure system, RTV5818 should not be used in thicknesses greater than 6mm (1/4 in). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.) we recommend using Momentive Performance Materials’ one-component addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds.
Features & Benefits
- Primerless adhesion to many metals and plastics
- Non-corrosive to most substrates
- Low odor cure
- Good confined cure properties
- One-component product – No mixing required
- Retains elastomeric properties at temperatures of -60ºC (-75ºF) to 204ºC (400ºF) for long periods, and to 260ºC (500ºF) for short periods
- Room temperature cure
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Excellent chemical, weather, and UV-resistant silicone
|MG #||Momentive #||Min QTY 1||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 2||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 3||Cost 3 (USD)|
|RTV5818-300ML||RTV5818 12C-Crtrg (0.738LBS-0.335KG)||24 EA||16.31|