RTV12 is a two-component, low viscosity, clear silicone potting compound that cures at room temperature to a soft, pliable rubber. RTV12 will cure in deep sections without additional heating or moisture. It has been designed to achieve primerless adhesion to many substrates, including metals, plastics, and ceramics typically found in electronic assemblies.
RTV12C curing agent is mixed with RTV12A base compound to produce a cured clear silicone rubber with see-through properties in greater thicknesses. This clear RTV allows visual checking of the components during pouring, and easy identification, repair, and replacement of components when necessary.
RTV12 is recommended for evaluation as a potting material to provide environmental protection for electrical and electronic assemblies. When cured, the soft, rubbery property of RTV12 cushions against mechanical shock and vibration. Its excellent electrical insulating properties make it a promising choice for both high and low voltage electrical assemblies. This clear RTV is also used as a casting silicone in many applications.
Features & Benefits
- Clear – allows easy identification of components
- Primerless adhesion to many metals and plastics
- Room temperature cure
- Excellent electrical insulating properties
- Can be used with materials that cause cure inhibition with other RTVs
- Specially formulated to minimize copper corrosion
- Flows easily in and around complex electronic assemblies
- Easy to use on production lines
- May be mixed by hand or by machine
|MG #||Momentive #||Min QTY 1||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 2||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 3||Cost 3 (USD)|
|RTV12A-1G||RTV12A 01G-Pail (9.5LBS-4.31KG)||4||432.04|