834FX - Flame Retardant Epoxy
834FX is a 2-part, black, flame-retardant, thermally conductive, flexible epoxy resin that provides extreme environmental, mechanical and physical protection for printed circuit boards and electronic assemblies.
This product is designed for applications where minimizing the physical stress on components is critical. It is also good in low temperature and arctic environments, and in applications that involve temperature cycling or rapid temperature changes. It provides the functionality of silicone, but with the durability and cost-effectiveness of epoxy.
This flame-retardant epoxy also provides excellent electrical insulation and protects components from static discharge, vibration, abrasion, thermal shock, environmental humidity, salt water, fungus, and many harsh chemicals.
This epoxy has a convenient 1:1 volume mix ratio, making it compatible with most dispensing equipment. 834FX can be cured at room temperature or higher.
We also offer a wide variety of 2-part, low viscosity, non-flame rated epoxy potting compounds. 832B and 832HD are our general-purpose black epoxies. 832C and 832WC are our clear epoxies. Our high temperature epoxy is 832HT and our thermally conductive epoxy is 832TC.
For a 1-part epoxy potting try 9510.
Features & Benefits
- Flexible and high modulus
- Meets UL 94V-0 standard—flame-retardant
- Convenient 1A:1B volume mix ratio
- Low exotherm
- Low Tg of 0.7 °C (33 °F)
- Thermal conductivity of 0.61 W/(m.K)
- Good adhesion to a wide variety of substrates including metals, composites, glass, ceramics, and many plastics
- Excellent electrical insulating characteristics
- Broad service temperature range of-50 to 150 °C (-58 to 302 °F)
- Contains non-halogenated flame-retardant fillers
|834FX-450ML||450 mL||2 Bottle kit|
|834FX-1.7L||1.7 L||2 Can kit|
|834FX-7.4L||7.2 L||2 Can Kit|
|834FX-40L||40 L||2 Pail Kit|