4228 - Red Insulating Varnish
4228 is a highly insulating coating with excellent arc and corona resistance. It is a low viscosity, 1-part coating that is easy to use and adheres well to many substrates.
This red insulating varnish also protects transformers, coils, motor windings, and various electric generator parts against arc, corona, corrosion, and moisture.
For a clear version see 4226.
Features & Benefits
- High dielectric strength – 3 000 V/mil (dry); 1 500 V/mil (wet)
- Insulation Class H – Suitable for service up to 180 °C
- Excellent oil and moisture resistance
- Excellent finish – tough, flexible, glossy, and durable red coat
- Good water and saltwater resistance
- Good adhesion
- High gloss