RTV167- Gray Silicone
RTV167 is a one-component, ready-to-use, electronics grade gray silicone from Momentive Performance Materials.
It has a high strength paste consistency and can be applied to vertical and overhead surfaces where pourable/self-leveling sealants are not practical.
This silicone bonding adhesive cures to a tough, resilient silicone rubber on exposure to atmospheric moisture at room temperature. It releases a neutral vapor as by-product of cure, and therefore can be used to bond metallic components in electronics. It is also commonly used for sealing, insulating, bonding, and formed-in-place gasketing. It is also an ideal product where a gray silicone caulk is needed for filling cracks or gaps.
Because it utilizes a moisture cure system, this gray silicone adhesive must not be used in thicknesses greater than 6mm (1/4 in). Where section depths exceed 6mm (1/4 in.) we recommend using Momentive Performance Materials’ one-component addition cure or two-component silicone rubber compounds.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent silicone sealant for electronics
- Non-corrosive to electronic metals, including copper and brass
- Low odor cure releases an alcohol vapor from the sealant surface
- UL94 HB Recognition – File No. E-36952
- Retains elastomeric properties for long periods at temperatures ranging from -60°C (-75°F) to 205°C (400°F) and for short periods up to 260°C (500°F)
- One component
- Cures at room temperature
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
|MG #||Momentive #||Min QTY 1||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 2||Cost 2 (USD)||Min QTY 3||Cost 3 (USD)|
|RTV167-85ML||RTV167 3TG-Tube (0.198LBS-0.090KG)||12 EA||50.67|
For Industrial Use Only in Canada, California, and other States with similar VOC regulations