9200 - Structural Epoxy Adhesive
9200 is a toughened, two-part epoxy adhesive, designed to create long-lasting load-bearing joints. It adheres strongly to a wide range of materials that are difficult to bond to, including glass, ceramics, metals, engineered thermoplastics, and thermoset laminates, such as SMC (sheet molding compound) and GRP (glass-reinforced plastics). It creates tough vibration-resistant bonds, and is especially useful for joining dissimilar materials that will experience thermal cycling stresses.
This product also provides excellent electrical insulation, and protects against static discharges, thermal shocks, galvanic corrosion, environmental humidity, salt water, fungus, and many harsh chemicals.
It is smooth, non-sagging and thixotropic, so it is excellent for use on vertical surfaces and for gap filling. It is also useful for potting electronics in enclosures with gaps where a non-thixotropic encapsulant would flow through.
For a flame retardant version, use 9200FR.
Features & Benefits
- 1:1 mix ratio
- Excellent bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Extreme resistance to vibration and temperature cycling
- Superior tensile, compressive and lap shear strength
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent electrical insulating characteristics
- Non-sagging and gap-filling
- Ideal for bonding dissimilar materials
- Low shrinkage
- RoHS 3 compliant