71IPA - 3M Novec 71IPA Engineered Fluid
3M™ Novec™ 71IPA Engineered Fluid is a hydrofluoroether, methoxy-nonafluorobutane (C4F9OCH3), in an azeotrope-like formulation with isopropanol.
This fluid is ideal for light-duty cleaning and degreasing tasks, and is intended to replace ozone-depleting materials such as CFC-113, HCFC-14lb and 1,1,1-trichloroethane in many applications. It has zero ozone depletion potential and other favorable environmental properties (see Table 2). Novec 71IPA fluid has a low toxicological profile, with a time-weighted average exposure guideline of 750 ppm for the 3M™ Novec™ 7100 Engineered Fluid component (eight hour average).
The increased polar soil solvency, low surface tension, nonflammability and constant composition during boiling of Novec 71IPA fluid make it ideal for precision and specialty cleaning and rinsing for removal of particulate, fingerprints and light soils from metal, plastic and glass parts.
Applications and Uses
- Precision cleaning, rinsing and drying agent
- Light-duty cleaning of oils, greases, waxes, fingerprints
- Use in combination with co-solvents for “no-clean flux” residue removal
Features & Benefits
- Low toxicity
- Low Global Warming Potential (GWP)
- Zero ozone depletion potential
- Low surface tension penetrates tight spaces for improved cleaning