ESD Safe Coatings
An ESD safe coating is a conductive paint with a surface resistance in the range of 10-7 Ω to 10-9 Ω. This is the “static dissipative range”. The semi-conductive range is 10-4 Ω to 10-7 Ω and materials with resistances less than 10-4 Ω are termed conductors.
ESD safe coatings (electrostatic discharge) prevent harmful buildup of static charge. These conductive paints adhere strongly to metals, plastics, glass, and most other surfaces.
Features and Benefits
- Dissipates electrostatic charge
- Resistance of 107 to 108 Ω/sq
- Humidity independent
- Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates
- Low VOC and HAP-free
- Does not contain toluene, xylene or MEK
- Preventing static buildup on:
- Bumpers, bins, trays, and tools
- Workstation surfaces
- Monitors, keyboards, CPU holders
- Task chairs